What Do I Need To File IRS Form 2290?

Posted on: 10/Nov/2017

So you just bought your new truck, or maybe you are starting the journey of owning your own trucking company. You're going through all the hoops that go along with this new venture of yours.

You get to the DMV with all of your paperwork, take a number, wait in line… and finally, your number is called. You’re on the home stretch to getting on the road!

The first question they ask you once you're sitting down at the DMV

“Did you file your IRS 2290? Do you have a stamped Schedule 1?”

Fortunately, you are reading this article before you went to the DMV and we will prepare you to get this documentation in order.

Before you can register your truck or renew your tags with the DMV you will need to file IRS Form 2290 and receive a stamped Schedule 1.

You can create an account with Freewaytax.com and we can get that stamped Schedule 1 for you in as little as 15 minutes.

Here are the 4 things you will need to file your IRS Form 2290

1. An active EIN that is more than 2 weeks old
2. VIN of all vehicles you are filing for
3. A form of payment - 2 Options to pay are:
    - Bank checking account number and Routing number
    - EFTPS
4. A Freewaytax.com Account
Once you have all of the above pieces of information you are now ready to file IRS Form 2290 with Freewaytax.com

We look forward to handling this for you year after year, and of course, we’re here to help should you have any questions at any point during the process.

Back To Blog