IRS Form 2290 Amendments
If you need to change any information on a 2290 that you have filed, then you'll need to file an IRS Form 2290 Amendment. Here's everything you need to know about 2290 Amendments.
What are the types of amendments that can be file with IRS form 2290?
- Increase in Taxable Gross Weight: If at some point during the year this vehicle starts hauling more weight than originally filed for, then you can file an amendment to let the IRS know that you have increased your vehicle's taxable gross weight.
- Exceeded Suspended Mileage Limit: If you filed for a vehicle that was originally planned to travel less than 5000 miles (less than 7500 Agricultural Vehicles) and your vehicle exceeds the mileage limit, then you will need to file an amendment.
To File an Amendment, follow this step-by-step guide:
- Step 1: Create your free account at Freewaytax.com or login if you already have one.
- Step 2: Select 2290 Amendment in the user dashboard.
- Step 3: Enter your business information.
- Step 4: Select type of amendment to file.
- Step 5: Submit your amendment.
- Step 6: Submit and your updated Schedule 1 will be emailed to you. We'll also save it inside of your account.