IRS Form 2290 VIN Corrections
What is a VIN correction?
When you file your Form 2290 the IRS does not track which VIN you submit. If you submit a wrong VIN you probably will not notice it until you get to the DMV and they catch the mistake.
This is where a VIN Correction comes in. If you are at the DMV ready to renew tags or register your vehicle and you find a wrong vin on you Schedule 1, don't worry you can fix it immediately.
Complete a VIN Correction by following this step-by-step guide:
- Step 1: Create your free account at Freewaytax.com or login if you already have one.
- Step 2: Select VIN Correction on your dashboard.
- Step 3: Enter your business information.
- Step 4: Select the VIN that you would like to correct, then enter the new, corrected VIN.
- Step 5: Select type of correction.
- Step 6: Submit and your updated Schedule 1 will be emailed to you. We'll also save it inside of your account.